India recorded 2.57 lakh Covid-19 cases in the past 24 hours. With a fresh jump of 2,57,299, the total case tally in the country climbed to 2,62,89,290. India’s total death toll neared the 3 lakh mark, with 4,194 fatalities registered on Friday.
In the past 24 hours, 3,57,630 people recovered from the virus, taking the total recoveries in the country to 2,30,70,365.
Top five states that have registered maximum cases are Tamil Nadu with 36,184 cases, followed by Karnataka with 32,218 cases, Kerala with 29,673 cases, Maharashtra with 29,644 cases and Andhra Pradesh with 20,937 cases.
The top five states account for 57.77 per cent of the new cases reported, with Tamil Nadu alone responsible for 14.06 per cent of the new cases.
1. A record 20.66 lakh samples were tested in past 24 hours.
2. Active caseload in the country has now dropped below 30 lakhs and now stands at 29,23,400.
3. Total death toll in the country has neared 3 lakh mark.
4. Maharashtra recorded very high death figure yet again. Maximum casualties were reported in Maharashtra (1,263), followed by Tamil Nadu with 467 daily deaths.
5. Delhi’s positivity rate has dropped below 5 percent.
6. Only two states- Tamil Nadu and Karnataka- are now reporting more than 30,000 new cases.