• The 4th Edition of “HCL Zero Mile Marathon, Nagpur” will be held on Sunday 17th November 2019, to support girl education, and promote health and fitness among the citizens of Orange City. HCL Technologies is the Title Sponsor of the event for the second consecutive year.
• Member of the Lok Sabha Shri Krupal Tumane, Collector & District Magistrate Shri Ravindra H Thakare, Additional Commissioner of Police Shri Nilesh Bharne, Test and One Day International cricketer representing India Monica Sumra and Shri Sanjay Gupta, Corporate Vice President, HCL Technologies are some of the eminent dignitaries to be present at the flag-off and prize distribution ceremony.
• Mr. Vaibhav Andhare, the first Nagpur-ITE to complete the 90-km Comrades Race in Durban, South Africa, is the Ambassador of “HCL Zero Mile Marathon, Nagpur” for the third consecutive year. Other eminent personalities of Nagpur who will participate in the marathon include Mr. Prashant Gurjar, Secretary, Orange City Runners; Mr. Naveen Jain, Organizer, Vrikshathon; Ms. Neena Sahu, Physiotherapist, and Trainer; Mr. Sandeep Singh Jolly, Entrepreneur, and Mr. Didar Sokhi, Pacer.
• The marathon will be flagged off from Nagpur University Ground. There will be four categories in the marathon, which are, 21.1Km HCL Zero Mile Half Marathon, for the age group of above 16 years, 10.5 km HCL Zero Mile Endurance Run for the age group of above 16 years, 5 km Dream Run for the age group of above 12 years and 3 km Fun Run/Walk for the age group of above 10 years.
• Prizes worth Rs. 3 lakhs will be given to winners in the aforesaid categories. All finishers will receive a medal, e-certificate, and refreshments.
• The first annual Zero Mile Nagpur Marathon was held four years ago in 2016, and it has been getting bigger and better with every passing year.
• HCL began supporting sports events in Nagpur with the third edition of Zero Mile Nagpur Marathon in 2018 and is continuing its association by supporting the fourth edition of the marathon.
• HCL believes a good work-life balance is very important for overall well-being and this starts with a healthy lifestyle. Running is an excellent fitness activity that helps one remain fit, prepare for challenges and raise standards of performance.
Quote from Mr. Sanjay Gupta, Corporate Vice President – HCL Technologies:
Pre-Event Press Briefing
• “At HCL Technologies, we aim for the holistic development of our employees. We believe that Health and Fitness help one think better, feel better, and perform better. We began our journey in Nagpur last year and joined hands with Zero Mile Marathon LLP, which marked our first venture into sports in Nagpur. We are glad to be back with this edition of the marathon, which is also aimed to promote the education of girls. I appeal to the residents of the city to participate in great numbers in this 4th edition of Zero Mile Nagpur Marathon and extend their support to this noble cause.” Said Mr. Sanjay Gupta, Corporate Vice President – HCL Technologies:
Background – HCL MIHAN Campus
HCL started its business operations in Nagpur in April 2018 and already has more than 1200 employees servicing global accounts. The MIHAN center delivers a spectrum of services, including Infrastructure Management, Application Development, Product Engineering, BPO, IT Services Management, and HCL’s internal enabling functions. The campus, when fully operational, will employ over 8,000 personnel. As per an agreement signed with the Government of Maharashtra in August 2019, HCL will acquire 90 acres of land to add to the existing state-of-the-art 50-acre campus in MIHAN, Nagpur. HCL aims to have a gender-equal workforce, which is driven by the availability of quality local talent and scalable infrastructure. It also provides residents with an opportunity to pursue careers right from their hometowns. The creation of the HCL Delivery Center in Nagpur is in line with HCL’s strategic vision to expand and create opportunities in tier-II cities across India.