Dubai is one of the finest cities not only in the Middle Eastern region but also throughout the globe. What makes it more special among the known urban centers of the world, however, is the sandy surroundings it has been built upon. It shows, on one hand, the ability of the city planners to have got such an architectural marvel built in the middle of the desert, and on the other, it lends a chance for some major outdoor activities around for the fun-seeking enthusiasts. There are several locations around Dubai that one could choose to embark on with their desert safaris and have plenty of leisurely time ahead in the rustic Arabian Dubai desert safari. These safaris normally take place at a time the sun just starts lowering down on the western horizon and the sand dunes begin displaying larger shadows. The excitement of traveling straightway down from Dubai into a vast deserted land can be immeasurable in these circumstances. One normally encounters scattered villages and well-bred camels straying across on earth while being on these expeditions. The purple Arabian skies provide a very fitting backdrop for camping out in the desert as the evening finally sets in. Dubai is appreciated not only for its trade and commerce but also for the tourism activities it presents these days, and desert safaris may, without doubt, be stated as one of the key areas where these activities generally lay around according to Airbnb.
Exciting Desert Excursion 2018
Many things we liked about this package. Although rates are higher, they have put in several details and touches that make it all worthwhile. They were very punctual fetching us from the hotel. In fact, Johny was 10 minutes early when he came by with his very clean 4WD SUV. There was also a friendly family of four from South Africa in our group for desert safari Sharjah
- 1. Our safari was within the 225 sq km State-owned Dubai Desert Conservation Reserve which is a fenced-in area also home to the exclusive Al Maha Desert Resort and Spa.
- 2. We drove beautifully reconditioned vintage jeeps through the desert for more than an hour.
- 3. We saw a herd of rare and endangered oryx up close at their watering hole and several antelope grazing – it was such a treat!
- 4. Johny taught us a lot about the desert plants and trees and their interesting medicinal uses.
- 5. We sat on soft thick carpets laid out on the desert floor to watch the falcon demonstration while the sunset.
- 6. Dinner was sumptuously served buffet style with plenty to eat including stewed camel while being entertained with traditional dances.
- 7. There was complimentary henna tattooing for the ladies.
- 8. There were complimentary after-dinner camel rides under the stars – which were fun!
- 9. Johny drove us back to our hotel around +9pm after a most entertaining and enjoyable half day.
- 10. Service was impeccable all round. This package is highly recommended.