• Currently available in two variants – Longitude (base) and Limited Plus (top-end)
• Both variants offered in AWD configuration, with BSVI diesel engines and the new 9-speed automatic transmission
• Cruise Control feature is Standard equipment in both variants
• Longitude gets larger 7-inch UConnect screen with reverse camera and dynamic gridlines functionality
• BSVI 2.0-litre turbo diesel engine optimized for stop-and-go traffic conditions and enhanced fuel efficiency
Mumbai: FCA India today announced the expansion of the Jeep Compass range by introducing two turbo-diesel variants with 9-speed automatic transmission. The two variants – Longitude and Limited Plus – will be offered to customers in the All-wheel Drive (AWD / 4×4) configuration and will be powered by the locally-manufactured BSVI-compliant 2.0-litre 173 HP, 350 Nm turbo-diesel engine.
The Jeep Compass 4×4 Longitude 9AT will be available to customers at INR 21.96 lakh and the Limited Plus for INR 24.99 lakh (ex-showroom, pan-India). Bookings and test drives are open at all 80 FCA authorized dealer showrooms present in 68 Indian cities.
Commenting on the range expansion, Dr. Partha Datta – President and Managing Director, FCA India said, “We are strengthening and expanding the Jeep Compass range with the introduction of four diesel automatic variants, of which, the base and top-end variant will available to consumers right away. Both variants offer more equipment, boosting the value-for-money proposition for the customer which we believe will increase our share in the segment. This roll-out has also given us the opportunity to offer our locally-made BSVI-compliant 2.0-liter turbo-diesel powertrain to consumers much before the statutory deadline.”