Nagpur : Director General of Police Subodh Jaiswal denied having any intelligence inputs regarding the Jambhul kheda blast in which 15 police jawans and a bus driver was killed on Wednesday, but admitted that there were some errors in the operational procedures that led to the incident. Addressing the media persons at the SP office here on Thursday evening, DGP Jaiswal who was earlier SP of Gadchiroli, informed that the Anti-Naxal Operations will continue with renewed vigour.
Nobody will be allowed to take law in their hands, he warned. “We suffered a heavy loss of our jawans but this will not deter us from carrying out our operations. The operations will continue with full force and we are fully prepared for it. It will be ensured that such incidents do not occur again and necessary instructions have been given in this regard,” Jaiswal added.“The police will also study the jungle warfare tactics. The necessary review of the entire episode is being taken.Very shortly we will arrive at some conclusion,” he told. The issue of opening new police stations will also be considered.
The issue of discontent against a local police officer among the relatives of police jawans and others will also be studied, Jaiswal further informed while replying the querries of the journalists. This could be the handi work of Korchi and Kurkheda dalams operating in the area, Jaiswal told. The election work was done successfully despite Naxal threats, he added. Thedriver’s kinhave been given some financial help and more help will be given under various schemes. Any person who dies during the Naxal attack is a martyr and the driver of a private bus can also be termed as a martyr, Jaiswal in formed.The decision in this regard will be taken at the government level, he added.
Also present at the press conference were Rajinder Singh, Additional DG, Sharad Shelar, Special IGP, Ankush Shinde, DIG, ANO, Shailesh Balkawde, SP. Director General of Police (DGP) Subodh Jaiswal had earlier visited the incident spot and took stock of the situation. He was accompanied by other senior police officers and Public Works Department.The officials of the Central and State intelligence departments also visited the site.
The construction company has suffered a severe loss as its costly vehicles and machineries that were engaged on the construction site has reduced to ashes.The vehicles included 12 tippers, 5 JCB machines, a mixer machine, lab, generators, office etc. The attack by Maoists is also seen as the revenge of the killing of their 40 cadres about a year back in April 2018 at Kasansur by the police which was the highest number of Naxal casualties in the country. The Naxals have conveyed this in the banners put up in the area after the incident.The out laws had suffered a heavy loss the n and were looking for the opportunity to avenge the killings. Maharashtra Day. He claimed that entire Maharashtra supports the families of the martyr jawans. Guardian Minister strongly flayed the attack and claimed that parliamentary elections were held recently in Gadchiroli district. The tribal-dominated district had exuded strong support to the democracy by turning out to vote in large scale. The polling percentage of the Gadchiroli district is far better than the large metro cities.
On the contrary, Naxalite had given the callto boy cott the election. Mungantiwar claimed that the strong support of Gadchiroli people to the democratic values had irked the Naxalites and they attacked the police jawans out of resentment. Mungantiwar claimed that Anti-Naxal team and police force are conducting search of the perpetrator Naxalites and claimed that Red rebels will have to pay for their cowardly attack. The Minister claimed that he is keeping close eye on the situation in Gadchiroli district and called upon the people not to panic. He said in his condolence message that entire Maharashtra is with the families of martyr jawans.