- All-new compact SUV is powered with new powerful K-Series 1.5 litre, four-cylinder Petrol Engine with choice of seamless Manual Transmission (MT)/Automatic Transmission (AT)
- All AT variants equipped with Advanced Lithium-Ion Battery with Integrated Starter Generator (ISG)comprising Torque Assist Function, Idle Start Stop Function, Brake Energy Regeneration Function for enhanced fuel efficiency
- Distinct and dynamic Two-Slat Wedge Cut Front Grille with Chrome Surrounds & Grey Finish with trapezoidal bold fog area and R16 Diamond Cut Alloy Wheels for a wide and strong SUV presence
- An LED light package comprising dual-chamber LED Projector Headlamps with dual-function LED Daytime Running Lights (DRL) cum indicators, LED Fog Lamps, LED Rear Split Type Tail Lamps and LED High-mounted Stop Lamp to provide great looks and safer drive
- Dual Front Airbags, Anti-lock Braking System (ABS) with Electronic Brakeforce Distribution (EBD) and Advanced Body Structure for ensuring the utmost safety of passengers
- Alluring and plush dual-tone Dark Brown Premium Interiors, ergonomically laid out and wide spacious cabin for added comfort
- Complete entertainment and connected experience with Smart Playcast touchscreen audio with Android Auto/Apple Carplay and Smartphone-based Navigation and reverse parking camera
- Rain Sensing Wipers, Cruise Control and Electrochromic Inside Rear View Mirror (IRVM) to add to amazing comfort and convenience
- In addition to top-end features, smart entry with an engine push start and stop button and Auto AC are standard features across all variants
- All-new Urban Cruiser available in exclusive to Toyota mono-tone colour of Rustic Brown and special dual-tone colours – Rustic Brown with Sizzling Black Roof and Groovy Orange with Sunny White Roof
- Also available in a range of other eye-catching mono-tone colours – Suave Silver, Groovy Orange, Iconic Grey, Spunky Blue and Sunny White and exciting dual-tone Spunky Blue with Sizzling Black Roof
- SUV Price ranges from Rs. 840,000 to Rs. 11,30,000 (Ex-showroom, Delhi)
- Dual Tone, available only in the premium variant of both MT & AT options, are priced at Rs. 998,000 and Rs. 11,55,000 respectively
- The best-in-class Petrol fuel efficiency of 18.76 kmpl for the Automatic variant
- The Urban Cruiser is backed by a superior warranty of 3 years or 1 lakh km, whichever comes earlier
MT AT GRADE Mid MT High MT Premium MT Mid AT High AT Premium AT PRICES Rs. 840,000 Rs. 915,000 Rs. 980,000 Rs. 980,000 Rs. 10,65,000 Rs. 11,30,000
Bangalore, September 23, 2020: Toyota Kirloskar Motor (TKM) today launched its youngest SUV, the all-new Toyota Urban Cruiser to fortify its offerings in the segment and further cater to its growing number of young customers. The Toyota Urban Cruiser is the second model to be launched in India under the global Toyota-Suzuki alliance following the emphatic success of the premium hatchback, the Toyota Glanza.
The #UrbanCruiser is designed for today’s young achievers who are aspirational and believe in the concept that #RespectStandsTall. The much-awaited compact SUV was launched in a stellar event today graced by TKM Managing Director Mr. Masakazu Yoshimura, Mr. Naveen Soni, Senior Vice President, Sales and Service and Mr. Tadashi Asazuma, Vice President, Sales and Marketing. The special guest of honour, youth icon and popular Indian superstar and singer Mr. Ayushmann Khurrana, also took part in the launch event and spoke about his inspiring journey from being a Radio Jockey to a successful actor.
The all-new Urban Cruiser will feature the new powerful K-Series 1.5 litre four-cylinder Petrol Engine and will be available in a choice of Manual Transmission (MT) and Automatic Transmission (AT) with a superior fuel efficiency of 17.03 kmpl and 18.76 kmpl respectively. The compact SUV offers all the high-end features that customers today seek in their cars. Moreover, it offers an early entry into the Toyota SUV family for the young and comes with Toyota’s famed global standards of sales and after-sales service. As always, safety is a top priority for Toyota – the Urban Cruiser offers Dual Front Airbags, ABS with EBD, Advanced Body Structure, Electrochromic IRVM, Hill Hold Control, Reverse Parking Camera with Display in Audio and ISOFIX Child Seat Restraint System.
Sharing his views on the launch of Toyota Urban Cruiser, Mr. Masakazu Yoshimura, Managing Director, TKM said, “Our entry into the compact SUV space comes at a time when the segment has gained much popularity due to its body type and superior road presence thereby garnering greater connect and appeal among today’s youth. At TKM, the focus is always on delivering the best products and services to our customers who have remained loyal to the brand over the years while looking for ways to welcome more customers, particularly the youth, to the Toyota family. The launch of the all-new Toyota Urban Cruiser is an important step in that direction. It is our ambition to enable more people to buy and experience a Toyota vehicle and our renowned after-sales service, which is a differentiator for us in this segment. We will continue to emphasize on introducing ever-better cars, better technologies and environment-friendly products and services. Our alliance with Suzuki allows us to surge ahead on that path while building a self-sustaining local ecosystem of suppliers and partners.”
Speaking on the new offering, Mr. Naveen Soni, Senior Vice President, Sales and Service, TKM, said, “We are truly humbled by the faith reposed by the customers who made the bookings without even knowing the price points and the full list of features. To demonstrate our gratitude and provide an early-movers advantage for customers who pre-booked the Urban Cruiser, we recently announced the ‘Respect Package’, no-cost periodic maintenance for up to two years (or 20,000 kms whichever is earlier), that our customers are appreciating. Further, we are confident that the all-new Toyota Urban Cruiser will exceed their expectations and delight them in every aspect, be it performance, comfort and convenience or safety. We are glad to bring our new offering in time for customers to make their festive season purchase decisions. We are anticipating increased demand for SUVs in the coming months and years ahead. The Toyota Urban Cruiser will play an important role in catering to this demand particularly from first-time Toyota buyers who are brand conscious and want to experience an international brand.”
Bookings for the Toyota Urban Cruiser are open. Customers can either book the car online (www.toyotabharat.com) or visit their nearest Toyota dealership.