9 kg gold worth Rs 4.5 crore, Rs 1.1 crore in cash, incriminating documents seized during raids across the country- CBI.
Nagpur: The Central Bureau of Investigation (CBI) on Sunday conducted raids at 22 locations across the country and recovered over nine kilogram gold in jewellery and bars along with Rs 1.1 crore in cash during in connection with the NHAI corruption case, according to reports. The searches were carried out at Delhi, Rajasthan, Haryana, Uttarakhand, Gujarat, Madhya Pradesh and Uttar Pradesh.
According to reports, the CBI had booked nine top officials of National Highways Authority of India (NHAI) including General Managers, Project Directors, Managers and 13 others including private persons/private companies for allegedly receiving monthly payoffs during 2008-10 in three highway projects.
The raids were made at the residential/office premises of the accused across these locations. The searches led to recovery of total cash of about Rs 1.1 crore, fixed deposit receipts worth Rs 49.1 lakh, gold and jewellery worth Rs 4.5 crore, along with certain incriminating documents.
• L P Padhy, General Manager
• C K Sinha, GM (Tech) and Project Director
• Vibhav Mittal GM (Tech) and Project Director
• D.P. Soni, Project Director
• Anil Kumar Jain, Manager (Technical)
• S.K. Gupta, Project Director
• Suraj Prakash, then Project Director
• K.M. Sharma, then Manager (Technical)
• Neeraj Gaur, then Manager (Technical)
• Guilermo Garcia Moliz, then CFO of M/s ICIECPL
• Jose Luis Murillo Esteban, then General Manager (Construction) of M/s ICIECPL
• Eva Garrido Roda, then Project Administration Manager (Cost Controller, Surat) of M/s ICIECPL
• Manual Merino Gomez, then Dy Project Head of M/s ICIECPL
• Gustavo Munoz Lopez, then Head, Administration of M/s ICIECPL
• Javier Hidalgo, then Project Manager of M/s ICIECPL
• Alberto Lorenzo, Cost Controller of M/s ICIECPL
• Chhediram Bhavan Yadav, Proprietor of M/s Kamal Construction, Surat
• Partner(s) of M/s Goyal Construction Company, Jaipur
• M/s Soma Isolux, Varanasi-Aurangabad Tollway Pvt Ltd (Through its Director P R Rao)