Jacqueline Fernandez Accused By ED In Rs 215 Crore Extortion Case

Jacqueline Fernandez Accused By ED In Rs 215 Crore Extortion Case
Jacqueline Fernandez Accused By ED In Rs 215 Crore Extortion Case

More trouble for actress Jacqueline Fernandez as Enforcement Directorate has named her as an accused in Rs 215 crore extortion case.The ED also filed the charge sheet against the Bollywood actor on Wednesday.

According to reports ED had found Jacqueline to be the beneficiary of the proceeds of the extorted money.The ED believes she was aware that conman Sukesh Chandrashekhar was an extortionist. Statements by key witnesses and accused have revealed that Jacqueline Fernandez was continuously in touch with Sukesh over video calls.

The conman gifted her items worth Rs 10 crore. ED has attached assets of the actor worth more than Rs 7 crore. Jacqueline was also questioned multiple times by the ED in connection with Sukesh Chandra-shekhar.

Last year in her statement the actor had told the agency, that she received gifts like three designer bags from Gucci, Chanel, two Gucci outfits for gym wear, a pair of Louis Vuitton shoes, two pairs of diamond earrings and a bracelet of multi-coloured stones and two Hermes bracelets from Chandra-shekhar.

She also told that she returned a Mini Cooper car that she had similarly received.

The conman is being investigated by several central agencies including CBI, ED, and Income Tax. He has been accused of extorting Rs 215 crore from the wife of a Delhi businessman through fake calls.

He pretended to be an officer from the Prime Minister’s Office, the Law Ministry and the Home Ministry and claimed he could secure bail for the businessman.