- The 4th Edition of “HCL Zero Mile Marathon, Nagpur” was held on Sunday 17th November 2019, to promote health and fitness, and the cause of “Run to Educate Girl Child”. HCL Technologies was the Title Sponsor for the event for the second consecutive year.
- Shri Sanjay Gupta, Corporate Vice President, HCL Technologies and Mr.Shailesh Awale, Centre Head, HCL Technologies flagged off the Marathon.
- Member of the Lok Sabha Shri Krupal Tumane, Shri Sanjay Gupta, Corporate Vice President, HCL Technologies, Test and One Day International cricketer representing India Monica Sumra, Shailesh Awale, HCL Technologies, and other dignitaries was present at prize distribution ceremony.
- The 4th Edition of the Marathon received an overwhelming response and 3400 people participated in the marathon.
- Mr. Vaibhav Andhare, the 1st Nagpurite to complete Comrades Race in Durban, South Africa, was the Ambassador of “HCL Zero Mile Marathon, Nagpur” for the third consecutive year. Eminent personalities from the city such as Mr. Prashant Gurjar, Secretary, Orange City Runners; Mr. Naveen Jain, Organizer, Vrikshathon; Ms. Neena Sahu, Physiotherapist, and Trainer; Mr. Sandeep Singh Jolly, Entrepreneur, and Mr. Didar Sokhi, Pacer, were the star runners who supported the event.
- HCLites, athletes, youngsters, school students, collegians, fitness enthusiasts, professional runners, HCL associates, and children, the HCL Zero Mile Marathon, Nagpur 2019 saw participation from all segments of people of Nagpur.
- The Marathon was flagged off from Nagpur University Ground. There were four categories in the marathon: 21.1 km HCL 0 Mile Half Marathon, for the age group of above 16 years; 10.5 km HCL Zero Mile Endurance Run, for the age group of above 16 years; 5 km Dream Run for the age group of above 12 years; and the 3 km Fun Run/Walk for the age group of above 10 years.
- Shri Sanjay Gupta, Corporate Vice President, HCL Technologies, Member of the Lok Sabha Shri Krupal Tumane, Test and One Day International cricketer representing India Monica Sumra, Mr.Shailesh Awale, Centre Head, HCL Technologies awarded the prizes to the winners
- There were prizes worth Rs. 3 Lac for winners in the aforesaid categories. Besides, all the finishers received a medal, e-certificate, and refreshments.
“We are overwhelmed with the response that we have received for the 4th edition of HCL Zero Mile Marathon this year, 3400 people of all age groups took part. It was heartening to see people participating enthusiastically in all categories of run. I would like to congratulate the winners and thank the Nagpur Administration/ Authorities for all their support in making this marathon run a huge success. This has been an amazing display of enthusiasm for better health, fitness, and compassion “ said Mr. Sanjay Gupta, Corporate Vice President – HCL Technologies.
Background – HCL MIHAN Campus
HCL started its business operations in Nagpur in April 2018 and already has more than 1200 employees servicing global accounts. The MIHAN center delivers a spectrum of services, including Infrastructure Management, Application Development, Product Engineering, BPO, IT Services Management, and HCL’s internal enabling functions. The campus, when fully operational, will employ over 8,000 personnel. As per an agreement signed with the Government of Maharashtra in August 2019, HCL will acquire 90 acres of land to add to the existing state-of-the-art 50-acre campus in MIHAN, Nagpur. HCL aims to have a gender-equal workforce, which is driven by the availability of quality local talent and scalable infrastructure. It also provides residents with an opportunity to pursue careers right from their hometowns. The creation of the HCL Delivery Center in Nagpur is in line with HCL’s strategic vision to expand and create opportunities in tier-II cities across India.